[quoted lines by Greg KH on 2007/06/18 at 13:36 -0700]

>No, we DO NOT PUT DEVICE NODES IN SYSFS!
>
>Sorry for yelling, but this comes up every 3-4 months or so for the past
>4-5 years and it's getting a bit annoying :)
>
>Device nodes go in /dev/  That's what the LSB specifies and to do
>something else will just wreck havoc with the system (permissions, acls,
>security, etc.)

But we aren't discussing device files. We're discussing files which do no more
than return kernel-resident data in response to reads.. No need for writes,
ioctls, or even reads out on the bus. Just files which return data in the
format that many applications would like to see it in so that they don't have
to piece the information together from multiple sources, convert from text to
binary, etc. With this in mind, do you still think it's a bad idea?

EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.