On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Tomi Orava wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to merge an already existing driver for Terratec Cinergy
> T2 digi-tv into newer DVB-USB "framework" (ie. get the cinergy driver to
> be compliant with the rest of the usb digi-tuners).
>
> However, I seem to have a problem with this modified driver as the device
> gets disconnected from the usb-bus sooner or later (after 10-48h of
> operation). Until the disconnection the driver & device seem to be working
> just fine. In order to figure out what is the actual problem in
> communication I retrieved the following usbmon debug log, but I have
> problems in understanding it. Anybody care to help a little bit ?

You won't be able to figure it out because it isn't a problem in
communication; the problem is that the device really is disconnecting.
This could be caused by a flaky USB cable connection or an inadequate
USB power supply on the motherboard.

Still, to help you understand the usbmon log: Each of the lines
containing "S Bi:5:003:2 -115 512" indicates a bulk-IN URB being
submitted by your driver, and each of the lines containing
"C Bi:5:003:2 0 512" indicates a successful URB completion (together
with the first 32 bytes of data received).  The other lines at the end
of the log show what the system does when the disconnect occurs.

Alan Stern