> And for usb/printer.c, it registers itself as "usblp", so
> 'lsmod' and 'cat /proc/bus/usb/drivers' will be different
> for it.  Similar for scanner.c registered as "usbscanner".
> Similar for usbkbd.c registered as "keyboard".

And the "cpia_usb" module listing itself as "cpia" ...

My question:  are these bugs we should fix (2.4 !!) or
are they instead "features" to deal with?

Code (say, user mode USB PnP support) that needs to make
sure drivers have loaded correctly will need to deal with
these inconsistencies if they stay.  I'd basically prefer
to have the name used in modprobe (and lsmod etc) be the
same one in the "drivers" file.

- Dave