Alan> On 19 Dec 2007, Russell Senior wrote:
>> I have an application on an embedded device.  It was all happily
>> working with a usb-storage device, a pl2303-based gps device and a
>> usb-audio device plugged into a usb2 hub.  Now I've added a usb
>> mouse and when I open the associated /dev/event0, I start seeing
>> the messages below when I try to play audio to the usb-audio
>> device.
>>
>> cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth
>> output: ioctl(SNDCTL_DSP_SYNC): Broken pipe cannot submit datapipe
>> for urb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth cannot submit datapipe
>> for urb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth output:
>> ioctl(SNDCTL_DSP_SYNC): Broken pipe cannot submit datapipe for urb
>> 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> With gpsd running (opening /dev/ttyUSB0), with "cat < /dev/event0 >
>> /dev/null", then "/usr/bin/madplay -Q -a -10 --no-tty-control
>> random.mp3" seems to screw me.  Without the /dev/event0 open, I
>> don't have the problem.
>>
>> Am I screwed, or is there something I can tweak?

Alan> You can try replacing your hub.  Some USB 2.0 hubs have greater
Alan> bandwidth capacity for full-speed devices than yours (they have
Alan> separate Transaction Translators for each port).

Can you suggest one?  I have a few lying around to try, but if I have
to buy one I'd like to get the right one the first time.

Alan> Or you can try plugging some of those full-speed devices
Alan> directly into the computer rather than into the hub.

Regrettably, the board has but one usb port.

Alan> The storage device doesn't matter, but the gps, audio, and mouse
Alan> devices are all sharing the hub's bandwidth.

Right.  Thanks!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-