On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Atsushi Nemoto wrote:

> Hi.  I'm trying at91_udc driver with g_file_storage on AT91SAM9260-EK
> board.  I'm using kernel 2.6.24 and 2.6.22(+at91-exp.patch).
>
> When I load the g_file_storage module, host can detect storage device
> soon, but take few _minutes_ to detect its partition table.
>
> This storage image file works fine with another udc driver on another
> platform.  So I don't think it is a image problem or host side (or
> cable) problem.
>
> Has anyone seen problem like this?

Not me.

> Here is an UDC side log:
> # modprobe g_file_storage file=/fatimage
> udc: at91_udc version 3 May 2006
> g_file_storage gadget: File-backed Storage Gadget, version: 7 August 2007
> g_file_storage gadget: Number of LUNs=1
> g_file_storage gadget-lun0: ro=0, file: /fatimage
> g_file_storage gadget: full speed config #1
> ... (same message continues 13 times)
>
> And UHC side log:
> usb 3-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 15
> usb 3-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> scsi11 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
> usb-storage: device found at 15
> usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
> scsi 11:0:0:0: Direct-Access     Linux    File-Stor Gadget 0313 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
> sd 11:0:0:0: [sda] 8192 512-byte hardware sectors (4 MB)
> usb 3-2: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 15
> usb 3-2: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 15
> usb 3-2: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 15

Clearly there is a problem.  Some device controllers (I don't recall
whether the at91 is among them) are not able to stall bulk endpoints
correctly; on those devices you must use the "stall=n" module parameter
for g_file_storage.

If that doesn't work you'll have to gather more debugging information.
Turn on CONFIG_USB_DEBUG and CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_DEBUG for the host.

Alan Stern

-