Hi,

I am implementing a driver for Razer USB mice. These
mice are standard HID input devices with additional features
accessible through USB control commands.

My current prototype driver does this access in userspace
via libusb, but this brings all kinds of issues while the
kernel driver and other userspace software is also accessing
the device concurrently.

So I was going to implement a small optional kernel HAL module
for this, which exports the device features through sysfs.
This module will be an optional extension to the usbmouse HID
module. So when disabled in kconfig the code will be no different
from current code. If enabled, it would simply call on probe into the
razer addon and check if this is a razer mouse. If true, export the
sysfs interface. If not, do nothing and don't touch anything of the
stuff.

Does this sound reasonable or does someone have a better idea
for implementing this?

--
Greetings Michael.
-