Chen Peter-B29397 <b29...@freescale.com> writes:

>> USBi_UI|USBi_UEI|USBi_PCI|USBi_URI|USBi_SLI);
>> >
>> > Hi Marc, your above change break the function that load gadget before
>> > plug usb cable.
>>
>> What do you mean with that? When switching into device role, the
>> otg can load every gadget-module without having the hardware pluged-in.
>>

> Are you sure? In current chipidea otg design, the gadget will be freed
> when device->host, but the gadget will not be re-created when host->device.
> So, when the device connects to pc again, there will be an null pointer error.
> (I use g_serial.ko)

Hmm, gadget gets zeroed out on every gadget->whatever switch, but it
also gets reinitialized on every whatever->gadget transition. And it
really shouldn't cause a null dereference.

Are you running getty on g_serial's tty or are you just echo'ing to it?
I remember there was a problem with it assuming that there's always both
tx and rx.

Regards,
--
Alex