On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 12:53:43PM +0800, loody wrote:
> hi sarah:
>
> 2012/10/6 Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sh...@linux.intel.com>:
> > I see.  Is there a particular reason why the current Linux xHCI driver
> > doesn't meet your needs?  Like maybe your host isn't PCI based?  I'm
> > confused as to why you would need to understand the low-level details of
> > ring management if you're doing a simple port.
> Yes, you are correct.
> My platform is not PCI based system and OS is not BSD/Linux as well.
> so I cannot do a simple port.

I hope you know what you're doing licensing-wise then.  The xHCI driver
is GPL v2, and that means any changes you make to it are going to have
to be released as well.  And if you're attempting to read the xHCI
driver code to understand how you should write your own driver, then you
may run into license troubles there.  IANAL, so you should ask a good
lawyer who knows open source licensing.

As you're not trying to run the xHCI driver under Linux, I won't have
time to answer your low-level questions about the driver.  Neither will
anyone else on the *Linux* USB mailing list.  My job is to support USB
3.0 under Linux, so I have no time for other OSes.

Sarah Sharp