Hi,

On 18-03-18 14:16, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 02:09:51PM -0500, Bin Liu wrote:
Hi,

The kernel usb stack and musb drivers have gone through some changes in
the past several kernel versions, such as adding otg fsm, musb runtime
PM, and musb otg state moving from musb to musb->xceiv... I am wondering
if the otg protocol (hnp, srp) functions are already broken in the musb
drivers, but I don't have a platform to confirm it.

Do we know by any chance there is still someone using the musb otg
functions in any relatively newer kernel and we still need to support
otg in musb?  If not, I am thinking to clean up the otg functions in
musb drivers to make the code easy to read and maintain.

By "clean up" do you mean "delete it"?  :)

I don't know of any real OTG hardware that ever shipped, does anyone
else?

I'm not aware of any hardware using the fancier otg functions such as
role-swapping, etc. either. From an Allwinner pov as long as you keep
plain gadget and host mode as controlled by the id pin work, I'm happy.

Note I'm not really involved in Allwinnner stuff anymore, so if you
want some testing of the cleanup, you should probably ask the
free-electron (now bootlin.com) people.

Regards,

Hans