On So, 2018-10-14 at 13:40 +0200, Julian Xhokaxhiu wrote:
> Dear USB Driver module maintainers,

Hi,

thank you for the report

> Although sometimes, the system "hangs" very rarely, but in an annoying
> fashion that makes a bit sluggish the experience, which translates to
> weird dmesg errors like these ones:
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/441668/debian-usb3-hdd-uas-i-o-errors

Just for confirmation:
You are seeing these error messages for the current kernel?
I am asking because the link is a report about UAS and you write that
UAS is not used.

> Initially I thought as I'm using an USB 3.0 adapter[0], that maybe the
> UAS driver was buggy, but at my own surprise I found out actually that
> the UAS driver is not used at all, although the adapter supports it
> fine.
>
> I am currently using it on a Dell Latitude 7480, and when I use
> `lsusb` I see that the device is recognized as `JMicron JMS561U`
> which, by spec, supports UAS ( see
> http://www.jmicron.com/PDF/brief/jms561u.pdf ).
>
> I am wondering if this device was already tested by anyone of you
> already, and if not, if I can be a tester for a patch to enable UAS on
> this adapter.

I actually cannot find a patch blacklisting the device which
according the log you attached must exist.
Which kernel are you using?

You can certainly test your device with UAS.

        Regards
                Oliver