On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 11:30:09AM +0300, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> Hi,

> > > How about we pass yours for not reading the patch before flaming ? Note
> > > that $SUBJECT is *not* touching at all that line which kzallocs a
> > > platform_device. Wrong as it is, it's not part of $SUBJECT.
> >
> > It's really simple.  You do not use k*alloc with platform devices.  And
>
> agree, no discussions here
>
> > you reject any patch which contains that, and point it out to the patch
> > author.
> >
> > It really doesn't matter if there's a kfree or not.  The fact is you do
> > not allow it in any situation, because such bad practises get copied
> > and then you end up with kfree's.
> >
> > How about you gain an understanding of this stuff and why this stuff is
> > soo "hot".
>
> how about you look at the git log to figure out I had nothing to do with
> that original patch which added k*alloc to the pdev ?

How about you realise I haven't got time to fuck around like that at the
moment, so in the interests of getting people to fix the glaring error
I commented on it instead in a relevant thread in the hope that some
prat like you would take notice and ask for it to be fixed by someone
working on the driver.