On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Ming Lei <ming....@canonical.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Alan Stern <st...@rowland.harvard.edu>
> wrote:
>> I'm starting to think that moving the entire handler to a tasklet would
>> have been better.
>
> Not sure, if so:
>
> - one thing is that the HCD private lock can't be held in interrupt handler
> any
> more, so new lock need to introduce, not mention each hard irq handler need to
> split to two parts.

Also one potential big problem of moving entire handler to tasklet is the
hardware race, previously the entire hander is run with interrupt disabled
and the big HCD private lock held,  but after the conversion, both are not
true, so each HCD change for this conversion might be big.

If only moving giveback into tasklet, there is no such problem.

Thanks,
--
Ming Lei