On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM, vichy <vichy....@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi  Ming.lei:
>> On Sun, 16 Mar 2014, vichy wrote:
>>
>>> hi all:
>>> recently we bump to system performance issue when usb irq take quite long.
>>> I found below link for discussing how to short
>>>

> in http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/89363
>
> I have some questions about this patch.
> 1. is there patch or kernel config I can use to measure man/avage usb
> irq time consuming like the above link show

One approach I like to use is trace event.

> 2. I see this patch is roll back in commit
> "c04ee4b1136e462722567cf6e76bb35a181574a7" and intend to be ready in
> 3.13-rc1
> Is there special reason why we need to roll back?

Yes, the revert revert can enable to run completion handler in BH,
isn't that what you need?

But actually the local interrupt is still disabled during completion
because we need to convert spin_lock in all current usb drivers
to spin_lock_irqsave() first.

I posted lot of patches to do the conversion, but unfortunately
most of them aren't merged.

Thanks,
--
Ming Lei