AceLan Kao <acelan....@canonical.com> writes:

> The udev rule works, it creates the ttyUSB* device nodes and I can
> operate mobile network from network manager.
> But, it can't get connected and I can't find mobile network device
> from iwconfig.

iwconfig is for 802.11 devices.  You'll normally use ModemManager or
some similar software to configure 3G/LTE modems

> And you think it's not a good way to add those ids into sierra driver,
> and you had added some of this kind of ids into qcserial driver.
> Even if it's not so scalable, but do you think should we collect those
> ids to qcserial and then refine the code when we are available.

> I'm willing to help, but I don't have enough devices to verify the work.

There are always too many devices when cleaning out the attic, but
always too few when wanting to test something :-)

A Sierra Wireless EM7345, Telit LN930 or any other Intel XMM7160 based
modem is high on my wish list right now...  The report I've seen so far
indicates that we have a job to do with the cdc-wdm driver to make these
devices work properly. But that's another topic.

Thanks for reporting the new Dell devices.

Bjørn