Hi,

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 05:31:13AM +0900, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 08:07:43AM -0700, Michael Durkin wrote:
> > Forgive my intrusion ...
> >
> > Im hoping to get a driver made for a Fresco Logic FL2000 USB to VGA
> > adapter ...
> >
> > Device ID 1d5c:2000
>
> What type of chip is in this device?  If it is a USB 3 device, odds are
> that Linux doesn't support it yet as DeviceLink isn't providing the spec

DisplayLink ?

> for the chip to anyone.  Can you ask the company you bought the device
> from for how to get the specs for it?

AFAICT this is a competing device. From what I could gather, Fresco
Logic implemented this device from scratch. The good thing about it, is
that it implements USB 3 A/V class, which means all we need is the USB
IF A/V Class specification from [1]

[1]
http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/devclass_docs/USB_AV_Specification_Rev_1.0.zip

cheers