Hi,

Shuttle Technology/SCM Microsystems was the OEM manufacturer of SCSI-USB
converter cables sold by various companies including Adaptec [untested
patch posted recently], Ariston Technologies, Belkin [*], Buffalo,
Entrega/Xircom [patch posted recently], Microtech [*], Newer Technology
[*], Olympus[*]
*: quirk already in unusual-devs.h

The ability to specify the SCM_MULT_TARG quirk on the command line could
be useful. At least the Ariston and Buffalo products don't have entries in
unusual-devs.h. I hope to write a patch, but would like some advice on the
best approach.

The letter "t" is free; should I use that to signify the SCM_MULT_TARG
quirk? In usb_stor_adjust_quirks() I'd add
        case 't':
                f |= US_FL_SCM_MULT_TARG;
                break;

usb_stor_euscsi_init is the initFunction for all SCM_MULT_TARG quirks. In
get_device_info(), after the call to usb_stor_adjust_quirks() I could add
code like
        if (us->fflags & US_FL_SCM_MULT_TARG) {
                unusual_dev->initFunction = usb_stor_euscsi_init;
        }

Alternatively, similar code could be added before the call to initFunction
in usb_stor_acquire_resources():
        if (us->fflags & US_FL_SCM_MULT_TARG) {
                us->unusual_dev->initFunction = usb_stor_euscsi_init;
        }

        /* Just before we start our control thread, initialize
         * the device if it needs initialization */
        if (us->unusual_dev->initFunction) {
                p = us->unusual_dev->initFunction(us);

Is one of those options preferable? Or maybe something else?

Mark