On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 08:34:45AM -0600, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> [...]
> maintains that one, it really helps adding maintainers to Cc list.
>
> > enable them when required using dynamic debug. Without running iperf,
> > using ping gives me a sequence of prints as below:
> >
> > [  277.434409] In eth_start_xmit
> > [  277.434517] In UDC irq
> > [  277.434553] In usb_gadget_giveback_request
> > [  277.434567] In tx_complete
> > [  277.435443] In UDC irq
> > [  277.435477] In usb_gadget_giveback_request
> > [  277.435491] In rx_complete
> > [  277.435517] In rx_submit
> > [  277.435601] In eth_start_xmit
> > [  277.436441] In UDC irq
> > [  277.436465] In usb_gadget_giveback_request
> > [  277.436478] In rx_complete
> > [  277.436493] In rx_submit
> > [  277.436520] In usb_gadget_giveback_request
> > [  277.436533] In tx_complete
> > [  278.434865] In eth_start_xmit
> > [  278.434959] In UDC irq
> > [  278.434993] In usb_gadget_giveback_request
> > [  278.435006] In tx_complete
> > [  278.435881] In UDC irq
> > [  278.435910] In usb_gadget_giveback_request
> > [  278.435923] In rx_complete
> > [  278.435946] In rx_submit
> >
> > After running iperf without debug prints and then enabling before
> > using ping gives me a sequence of prints as below
> > [   81.989827] In UDC irq
> > [   81.989871] In usb_gadget_giveback_request
> > [   81.989886] In rx_complete
> > [   81.989905] In rx_submit
> > [   82.989892] In UDC irq
> > [   82.989951] In usb_gadget_giveback_request
> > [   82.989967] In rx_complete
> > [   82.989992] In rx_submit
> > [   83.990064] In UDC irq
> > [   83.990126] In usb_gadget_giveback_request
> > [   83.990142] In rx_complete
> > [   83.990167] In rx_submit
> > [   84.990007] In UDC irq
> > [   84.990049] In usb_gadget_giveback_request
> > [   84.990064] In rx_complete
> > [   84.990083] In rx_submit
> > [   85.990085] In UDC irq
> > [   85.990147] In usb_gadget_giveback_request
> > [   85.990163] In rx_complete
> > [   85.990188] In rx_submit
> >
> > If I force a full speed configuration for this USB client port, I get
> > a slightly more reliable operation where iperf can run for may be half
> > an hour or so or almost an hour before it falls through. Putting in a
> > delay of 100-150 microseconds in eth_start_xmit also improves it like
> > full speed, but, still not reliable. If I run iperf with debug prints
> > enable, this gives similar results to full speed config. After the
> > failure of iperf test, even ping doesn't work. Bringing down this usb0
> > interface and then up again makes ping work again. I do realize that
> > putting debug prints or delays like this is not the right thing to do,
> > especially in ISR, but, just trying to debug. This is my first time
> > digging in the USB stack.
> >
> > Based on the above, it seems there might a subtle bug or race
> > condition somewhere in the execution call chain which I have not been
> > able to trace yet. Can someone give me some pointers on how I can dig

I just tried latest usb-next with i.mx6 platform, it works ok with
10 mins iperf bi-direction test.

I am wronging Vybrid is not fast enough, run top to see if iperf
occupies too much (>95%) cpu utilization, if it is, run perf top
(or similar perf tool) to see which function affects most,
from my experiences, CONFIG_SMP affects UP platform's performance,
try to disable it.

--

Best Regards,
Peter Chen