Actually as of the current kernel, uas support/driver is a
prerequisite of TRIM, because skip_vdp_page in scsiglue.c prevent
sd_read_block_limits(), which configure various values necessary for
blkdev_issue_discard() (and other filesystem-specific discard
functions/ioctls) through sd_config_discard().