It won't break, but this will make me compile something I don't need
and may not want.
Wouldn't it make more sense to put this unified code in a new file
(maybe drivers/usb/class/cdc.c) and have all related drivers depend on
that instead of on usbnet?
The less code that is compiled but never runs, the happier I am.