On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 05:28:10PM +0300, Mathias Nyman wrote:
> The max exit latency should tell how long it can maximum take for the entire
> link between host
> and device to wake up and be fully functional. Isoc transfer will send a PING
> TP max exit
> latency before the first data transfer to make sure link is up and running in
> time.
> This is only for SuperSpeed Isoc transfers
>
> So either we have miscalculated to Max exit transfer, and link really isn't
> yet ready,
> or then there could be some other powermanagement issue with getting the link
> up and running.

I noticed another thing:

I rewrote my application to have the USB thread run with realtime priority,
and also move all disk I/O off that thread. This made it run with no drops on
CONFIG_PM=n... but also fixed the error with CONFIG_PM=y! (Ran for ten hours
straight without a single drop.) So it would seem the ping timeout only
happens when I have overrun problems anyway. Now, they do seem to make the
overrun problems a lot _worse_ when they first happen, so I think it should
be fixed anyway, but it might be useful to try to narrow down what's going
on. Perhaps the device goes into power-saving mode when it detects overflow?

> The "ERROR Transfer event TRB DMA ptr not part of curren..." errors are a bit
> worrying.
> I was hoping these would no longer occur after the last off by one fix:
>
> commit 7895086afde2a05fa24a0e410d8e6b75ca7c8fdd
>     xhci: fix off by one error in TRB DMA address boundary check

That's in 3.12? Then I definitely have them included. But I also haven't seen
them since that single occurrence.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/