On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Alan Stern <st...@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:
> A smoking gun!  Notice near the end of your dmesg log this line:
>
> [ 1520.794032] ehci-pci 0000:00:16.2: qh ffff88032718ca80 should be inactive!
>
> It appears just before the hang occurred and nowhere else.  That means
> my suspicion was correct.
>
> The patch below is meant to apply on top of the previous patch.  It's a
> quick-and-dirty workaround which ought to prevent the problem from
> occurring.  Let's see if it does.
>
> Alan Stern

Wow, this patch has made a definite improvement! Normally, usb would
get "stuck" within 5-15 seconds of starting the application. So far,
it has ran for roughly 15 minutes without any apparent fault.

I'll be unable to access this computer for a few days, but I'll leave
it up and running while I'm gone to see if it can survive long term.

Michael Reutman
Software Engineer
Epiq Solutions
847-598-0218 x68