Hello,

El 6 de noviembre de 2015 0:28:40 CET, Greg KH <g...@kroah.com> escribió:
>On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 06:03:15PM +0100, Javier Barroso wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a usb stick which was (apparently) broken after plug it on a
>> usb port on my laptop [1]
>
>What do you mean exactly by "broken"?

USB stick owner tell me about the stick was working about 5 years more or less
without any problem with her windows laptop. She used this stick to order print
 some picture last week in a paper shop (other computer different) and it
worked fine.

The first time that I plugged the stick on my laptop, it was not recognized any
more. No windows recognize, no linux, no apple.

So the stick is currently broken

>> My sequence of operation is attached at kern.log-commented.gz
>>
>> This laptop have a port which "Anytime USB Charge (see inside
>>
>http://www.shopfujitsu.com/www/content/products/notebooks/notebooks.php?products/notebooks/features_benefits/ah572_features_benefits)",
>> but it is disabled on BIOS (so there should not be a problem)
>>
>> stick owner tell me about this stick was working before I plug it on
>my laptop.
>>
>> Is it possible that my laptop kill/broke usb sticks ? I think this is
>> the second time that such thing happens.
>
>Sounds like a really messed up USB port, but note, software can not
>"break" any USB device, there is nothing for it to control that can
>harm
>anything.

How can I check USB ports on my laptop?

I suspect that cheapest stick are not welcome to that port (both broken sticks
were gifts)

Thank you very much