Hi,

I have a libusb (USB-2.0_ tree with the following layout:

HOST (USB 2.0) -> 5 port hub (master) -> 5 x 10 port hub -> 50 x USB devices

It is a 50 unit mobile device charger and also enables USB data comms to
the individual devices. Each node is independently powered. The devices
are all the same model/make. I know this is a relative corner case for USB
2.0 standard but that is another story.

Is it possible to reset the ports on the 5 port hub (master) individually
with libusb or some other system level command?

Here's the scenario:

When I insert usb devices with the entire chain connected I see varying
results for the number of devices detected by the HOST. Sometimes 15 are
detected, sometimes 34, 22, 5, etc... However If I disconnect the cables
for the 10 port hubs to the 5 port master hub before I insert all the
devices and then connect each 10 port hub one at a time with a delay to
ensure all the devices on that hub are detected all 50 devices are
detected on the host.

So I would like to know if there is a method to disable/enable the ports
on the 5 port master without resetting the entire bus or causing the sub
nodes/hubs to "bounce" their connections.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd