Hello,

> did you check that getty is still running ? That "deactivated" message
> means that whatever had /dev/ttyGS0 opened, decided to close it. This
> could mean that getty got a SIGHUP and just decided to close that fd.

I have only briefly experimented with getty (I also tried opening the
port with minicom). Would this even matter? Even if the serial port is
not open, shouldn't the device be enumerated by its host?

To make sure, I have also performed some additional tests. The problem
seems unrelated to the gadget being used: I have tried various
combinations (zero, ethernet, etc.), even setting up an ACM device
using configfs, and the result is the same: a host detects the device
for a brief moment, but nothing after that.

Thanks,
Bálint