On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Greg KH <gre...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.
>
> A: No.
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
>

> http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

Sorry for the quoting. I fixed it in this reply but gmail auto-quotes
among other things like using multipart formatted messages. So far
I've replied to every email only to get a reply from mailer daemon
telling me to use plain text at which point I have to resend it in
plain text. I've never really used a mailing list before.

> On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 01:48:55PM -0700, Ashton Holmes wrote:
>> Coming from the kernel? No there's no kernel lines right before that
>> that have to do with USB. The kernel line before that is: Oct  2
>> 22:21:45 user-desktop kernel: [   38.122133] Bluetooth: BNEP socket
>> layer initialized. And that's quite a ways up in the file.
>
> Are you sure?  Any other messages might help out here.

I'm positive there's no other kernel messages. I did /kernel in vi and
the next thing that came up after the bluetooth message was the USB
error. There was nothing in between.

>> Also my knowledge of git isn't that extensive and I got the source
>> from the download on the site not from the git repo so it tells me
>> there's no .git file but if I can figure out how to run that I'll give
>> it a go.
>
> You can pull Linus's tree from git.kernel.org by doing:
>         git clone
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
>
> and using your .config in that tree.
>
> There is lots of documentation of how to use 'git bisect' but if you
> have any questions, please let us know.

Alright this is the output of git bisect
e65805251f2db69c9f67ed8062ab82526be5a374 is the first bad commit