hi Mathias,

here's a much longer series of cleanups which I have been working on for
the past few days. Let me know what you think about it.

I did some light tests SKL and everything still works as before. I know
you have some reservations about my changes to trb_in_td() but IMHO, if
we can assume this function to be always correct, there's no need to add
debugging messages to it and as for the trb_in_td() call which existed
only for debugging purposes, I guess we need to find a better way of
adding debug statements for that part of the code.

Let me know what you think.

cheers

Felipe Balbi (25):
  usb: host: xhci: dynamically allocate devs array
  usb: host: xhci: handle COMP_STOP from SETUP phase too
  usb: host: xhci: change pre-increments to post-increments
  usb: host: xhci: print HCIVERSION on debug
  usb: host: xhci: rename completion codes to match spec
  usb: host: xhci: WARN on unexpected COMP_SUCCESS
  usb: host: xhci: WARN() if we interrupt without event_ring
  usb: host: xhci: simplify irq handler return
  usb: host: xhci: clear only STS_EINT
  usb: host: xhci: remove unneded semicolon
  usb: host: xhci: use slightly better list helpers
  usb: host: xhci: major rewrite of process_ctrl_td()
  usb: host: xhci: major rewrite of process_bulk_intr_td()
  usb: host: xhci: cleanup finish_td()
  usb: host: xhci: reorder variable definitions
  usb: host: xhci: introduce xhci_td_cleanup()
  usb: host: xhci: remove bogus __releases()/__acquires() annotation
  usb: host: xhci: check for a valid ring when unmapping bounce buffer
  usb: host: xhci: unconditionally call xhci_unmap_td_bounce_buffer()
  usb: host: xhci: don't try to mask critical errors
  usb: host: xhci: remove debug argument from trb_in_td()
  usb: host: xhci: remove unnecessary list_for_each_entry_safe()
  usb: host: xhci: introduce helper to convert a single TRB in no-op
  usb: host: xhci: use trb_to_noop() from xhci_handle_stopped_cmd_ring()
  usb: xhci: host: simplify implementation of trb_in_td()

 drivers/usb/host/xhci-dbg.c      |  22 +-
 drivers/usb/host/xhci-ext-caps.h |   2 +-
 drivers/usb/host/xhci-hub.c      |   5 +-
 drivers/usb/host/xhci-mem.c      | 171 +----------
 drivers/usb/host/xhci-ring.c     | 595 ++++++++++++++++-----------------------
 drivers/usb/host/xhci.c          |  81 +++---
 drivers/usb/host/xhci.h          | 113 +++-----

2.10.1