On Monday 05 December 2016 10:17 PM, Bin Liu wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 03:23:50PM +0100, Alexandre Bailon wrote:

>>> VBUS will be on, but does it prevent disconnecting the usb device on
>>> resume? I don't have a DA8xx to test, but I doubt it, since the PHY is
>>> off.
>> Actually, the PHY is not really off.
>
> I guess the PHY should be off when the system is suspended for an
> aggressive power saving.
>
> Sekhar, any comments?

No, nothing from my side. I haven't really played with this side of
DA850 at all.

For your reference, this is what chapter 10.11.1 referenced by Alexandre
says:

"
The USB modules can be clock gated using the PSC; however, this does not
power down/clock gate the PHY logic. You can put the USB2.0 PHY and OTG
module in the lowest power state, when not in use, by writing to the
USB0PHYPWDN and the USB0OTGPWRDN bits in the Chip Configuration 2
Register (CFGCHIP2) in the System Configuration (SYSCFG) Module chapter.
"

It is little bit ambiguous on if USB0PHYPWDN and USB0OTGPWRDN do really
power down the PHY.

I would just program the bits suggested by the manual and assume that
the hardware reaches the safest low power state it can reach.

Thanks,
Sekhar