Hi,

On 03/20/2017 10:41 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> There is a so called ACPI support for extcon-usb-gpio.
>
> Since GPIO ACPI library is going to be stricter and this driver might
> not work anymore.
>
> I would like to know:
> 1. Is there any real DSDT which contains device enumerated by this
> driver?
> 2. If "yes" on 1, does that DSDT contain _DSD method for the device?
> 3. If "no" on 2, how is it supposed to work at all?
>
> So, regarding on the answers, I am in between of reverting
>
> commit 942c7924a51edb75baf805679141e97140e07218
> Author: Lu Baolu <baolu...@linux.intel.com>
> Date:   Tue Apr 26 08:35:54 2016 +0900
>
>     extcon: usb-gpio: add support for ACPI gpio interface
>
> *or*
>
> someone better to add real DSDT example to Documentation regarding this
> driver.

This patch is part of below patch set.

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg141872.html

It uses  acpi_dev_add_driver_gpios() to add an ACPI GPIO resource.
This patch set has been abandoned. So it's safe if you revert it.

For your question 1, my answer is "no as far as I can see".

Best regards,
Lu Baolu