Hello Alan.

> Plenty of things could affect it.  Without knowing more about your system, I
> can't be more specific.  For example, what UDC
> driver are you using?

Ah 😊. It's an ancient (3.4.x*) sunxi_usb_hdc running on an AllWinner H3.

> And have you tried testing your program with the dummy-hcd driver?

Good point. Not yet.

> Do you get the correct values for the GADGETFS_SETUP event?

You mean post enumeration from host to device? Yes, I send some majik packets
for proof of life. All good in that direction.

> What is the return value from the write() call where you send the vendor data?

As expected, the number of bytes written back to the endpoint. In this case 4.

> If you want to add some debugging output to the kernel's gadgetfs driver, the
> appropriate place would be inside epo_write() in
> drivers/usb/gadget/legacy/inode.c.  The part following:

Ideal and once again extremely helpful. Thank you.

BR,

Jerry.

* We will move to mainline ASAP but this is a quick proof of concept and there
is zero support in mainline for the essential AllWinner camera interface.
That'll be the next task.