Hello!

I just bought MIDI keyboard WORLDE MINI (looks like full chinese clone
af Arturia Minilab with the same vid:pid) and it won't work in Linux.
When the device is connected, it resets again and again. There are
some threads on the internet about the same issue, but there is no
solution.

The problem is in the device: it has iConfiguration=3 in the
Configuration Descriptor, but when this string is requested from the
device it just resets. The Linux requested this string when the device
is connected, so it can't work at all. I tested it by requesting the
string with ID=3 and the device resets.

I patched drivers/usb/core/message.c by commenting call to :
if (cp->string == NULL &&
    !(dev->quirks & USB_QUIRK_CONFIG_INTF_STRINGS))
cp->string = usb_cache_string(dev, cp->desc.iConfiguration);
and the problem gone.

Should the Linux kernel concern about such buggy devices? If it
should, what's the best way to bypass the problem?