Hello.
Thank you very much for your comment.

> Since USB OTG FSM has not been accepted by industry during last ten years, we
> decide
> to give up maintaining OTG FSM at Linux kernel. For role switch use case,
> please use
>  /sys/../role instead, see below commit for detail:
>

> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/peter.chen/usb.git/commit/drivers/usb/chipidea/core.c?h=ci-for-usb-
 next&id=a932a8041ff9941a244619555f1c75ecf299f662

I am still learning so just point me to existing memo  / notes which I should
look into, before go furher.

1) HNP aware devices

That means it does not work (or will not work) with HNP-aware device anymore,
or I can expect that it still works when I enable CONFIG_USB_OTG and
CONFIG_USB_OTG_FSM?

2) role I/F.

As for the role I/F.
I tried like below and confirmed that the role value changes gadget <-> host.
And new bus is added can see on lsusb output, when I change the role from
gadget to host.

echo host > /sys/bus/platform/devices/ci_hdrc.0/role

However, I am still confused since it does not more.
Say, I have two boards A and B connected with C-C cable.
And by command like above, I set A host role and B gadget role, and also load
mass storage driver on B.

I expect to see on B is enumerated as mass storage device attached to the newly
added bus on A, but I cannot see it on lsusb output.
Not sure I am missing / skipping steps.

3) USB-C lines

As for USB-C receptacle on my board, I can see the following.  In my case I am
just trying to use it in place of old one (micro-A/B receptacle), but I wonder
if I further need kernel configuration specific to TYPEC.

board    cable
USB_OTG_DP - Dp1/Dp2
USB_OTG_DN - Dn1/Dn2
USB_OTG_ID - CC1/CC2