Paul wrote:

Hi,

I have installed the ion window manager and its great. The problem is I want to be running in run-level 5 but because I compiled ion it wont show up in the X login screen box so I can choose a default ie. like KDE, Gnome, Blackbox etc. How do I add it to the list?

It might be slightly different on your distribution, but on mine, Gentoo, there is a directory which has the window managers' start-up scripts in it:-

bash-2.05a$ ls /etc/X11/Sessions/
Gnome Xsession enlightenment kde-3.1 squeak wmaker

bash-2.05a$ cat /etc/X11/Sessions/kde-3.1
#!/bin/sh
/usr/kde/3.1/bin/startkde

Just add a script to start your new manager.

--
C. S.