On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Chris Wilkinson wrote:

> Yes, I've got libstdc++.so.5.0.0, but that is already linked by
> "libstdc++.so.5", so celestia knows its the wrong one...

Wait. You've already got exactly the right file - the numbers after the
".so" extension are just the version number, and 5.0.0 *is* version 5.

I now suspect that it's simply in the wrong directory, and 'ld' can't find
it. If libstdc++.so.5 isn't in /lib or /usr/lib (where it is on my
machine) you'll need to add the directory that it is in to
"/etc/ld.so.conf"

(and then possibily run 'ldconfig' to update ld.so.cache :)

Tim Wright

Assistant Lecturer
Department of Computer Science
University of Canterbury