From:   Nick Rout [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Sunday, 22 June 2003 9:04 p.m.
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Gentoo installfest - can someone host a 50M iso?

Is there anyone out there who can host a small (50MB) .iso file I have
developed for the gentoo installfest? I want a few people to download,
write and test it. Hopefully you won't get more than 5-10 downloads, but
if it needs fixing we might have to do it again! It would soon blow out
my 600 MB monthly limit on the work account, and the home account is a
tad slow/unreliable.

For those interested, it is a customised gentoo live boot cd,
incorporating gcc and distcc. It is designed like a regular gentoo
livecd (or knoppix) to run without touching the hard drive or otherwise
screwing your computer. This means our server farm will all be running
the same version of gcc, and it also means any machine can be put to
use, even if it is normally a windows machine. It just needs a cdrom
drive, a reasonable amount of RAM and a linux compatible network card
(ie supported in the standard 2.4.20 kernel).

Anyway, anyone out there with a decent connection and a bit of spare
bandwidth let me know. I have just done a few tweaks and need to write a
README. Then I'll be ready to upload it and make an announcement.

Nick.

PS ftp access would be good so I can upload - maybe a separate directory
with its own upload password? Demanding aren't I!