[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>So I got ogle installed and playing DVD's.
>
>I've sorted out the screensaver problem.
>
>I've managed updatedb's dastardly disk dance dropping DVD frames.
>
>I watched planet of the apes fine, but last night, watching LOTR/FOTR,
>ogle - and the movie - disappeared (not long after the FOTR exited the
>mines of moria). A segmentation fault I expect - but it wasn't running
>in a shell so I couldn't tell. Happened twice at exactly the same spot.
>
>Was late so we went to bed instead of rebooting to windows to watch the
>rest.
>
>Could be ogle or a lib - don't know.

Was that the Extended Edition? Some of those came with a faulty Disc 2.
Mine refused to play 2 full chapters after the Fellowship left Lothlorein
(sp?) in my DVD player, but my PS2 was happy with it. I got the disc
replaced anyway and was told in the store that quite a few were coming back

>While I'm on the topic of DVD's, we found that the volume range of the
>sounds is too large. In other words, to hear the quiet speech we have to
>turn the volume up, but when, say, a ringwraith comes screeching around
>the corner suddenly, we nearly hit the ceiling and worry the kids
>sleeping in the next room will wake up. As a result, I'm constantly up
>and down from my seat fiddling with the volume. We are watching it on
>the monitor, as it is larger and clearer than our TV, and I haven't
>figured out how to do TV out anyway.
>
>Cheers,
>Carl.

Hamish McBrearty     MCSE  MCSA