On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:30, you wrote:
> At 13:06 12/08/03 +1200, you wrote:
> >Formal Announcement:-
> >
> >The CLUG meeting on Thursday 14th Augist 2003 is a fix-ups / social
> > gathering meeting.
> >
> >Machines with problems:-
> >
> >1) Rik with a PCTel modem to be got going.
> >
> >please add to the list above.
>
>   I would like to bring my machine along,   the problem is,
> Using Red Hat 8,  When trying to use kppp a message appears,  kppp can not
> find /dev/modem

You have to either link the device file for your modem to /dev/modem
ln -sf /dev/ttySXX /dev/modem
( subst. XX with the actual numbers for the modem )
or
put the actual device file name for your modem into the config window for kppp

>       Also I have the CD for Knoppix 3.2  would it be possible to have this
> installed on my machine?
Yes, there is an install script which comes with Knoppix. I am not sure about
dual booting. Anybody?

--
Sincerely etc.,
Christopher Sawtell