From: "Ross Drummond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2003 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: Help with Debian MySQL

MySQL runs in a client-server mode even when run on the same machine.

This error usualy means that the MySQL client is not able to connect to the
stopped server.

I run Mandrake. To start the MySQL server at a root prompt I use the
following
command; "service mysql start".

I am not sure if the "service" command is availiable on Debian. You may have
to use the init.d deamon.

Or plough through the help file. Go to

file:/usr/share/doc/MySQL-3.23.52/manual.html#Automatic_start

Hope that helps

Ross Drummond