On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 18:44, Andrew Packer wrote:

(in answer to a message from Tim Wright)
> (words to the effect that the Ximian Desktop installer now) doesn't get hung
> up at gnucash.  It gets hung up with the error "Unable to complete RPM
> transaction: transaction has unmet dependencies:
> mozilla-1.3.1-0.ximian.4.5 conflicts with j2re < 1.4.1_01-0.ximian.4.7".

OK, I downloaded j2re 1.4.1 from Sun and installed it, but still got the
same error message from the Ximian Desktop installer.  Went to Ximian's
Web site and eventually found that I need j2re 1.4.2.  Got THAT,
installed it and I still get the same error message from Ximian Desktop
installer.  Supposedly I can enter $ java -version and find out which
version (my original 1.3.1, or 1.4.1, or 1.4.2) is running, but $ java
-version just gives an error message.  So how do I ensure that j2re
version 1.4.2 actually runs?

=====Andrew