What kind of stuff do you  want to do?
If it's just image resizing then maybe you want stuff from the
ImageMagic suite
look at:
man mogrify

Jaco Swart wrote:

Has anybody experimented with the GIMP's batch mode?
It works fine when typing the commands that the GIMP should excecute on the command line, i.e.
gimp -b -i '(command1)' '(command2)' '(gimp-quit 0)'

What I cannot get to work, is to put the commands into a text file and call that with something like
gimp -b -i batchjob.txt

Part of the problem is that I'm not sure how the batchjob.txt should be referenced, and the second problem is that I have no idea how the commands should be formated inside batchjob.txt itself. Logic tels me that either (command1) (command2)
or '(command1)' '(command2)'
should work - but no. I'm obviously missing something here.

Google was not much help either, nor gimp.org or grokking-the-gimp. There is surprising little information out there (that I could find). I tried a few other search engines too, but nothing.

Can batch mode possibly be that obscure? It is an extremely powerfull feature.

rgds

Jaco