Hi there,

Rowan Trau'e wrote:
Hello Dale, Chris and others

    Many thanks for the advise on running UT2003 in Linux. I already
knew about the installer on disc 3 and have tried to use it but with no
success. It would start to install, then ask for the 'play disc' - in
went disc #1 and then it just did nothing. It would not load any more
and sort of froze. It really boogies in windows.

My system specs are Athlon XP2200 processor, Radeon 9700 Pro graphics
card, 256mb of 333DDR ram and some other minor things so the hardware is
not a problem.

I am lead to believe that the discs are labeled wrong as far as the
sequence for loading UT2003 goes. Mine is a shop copy - not a bootleg.

Any advice on what the problem could be ?

If you run supermount (mandrake, other distros maybe?) run as root...

# supermount -i disable

...and try again. If that doesn't fix it look at the docs on disc 3. I
think I got it installing by using /dev/hdb (actual CD device) as a path
to the CD's. That is done by doing a 'declare -x INSTALL_CD1_PATH=/dev/hdb'
or similar for each disc. Note that 'INSTALL_CDx_PATH' may not be the right
name since I'm only trying to recall what I had to do. The readme on disc 3
may help...

Do the recent ATI drivers support S3TC texture compression? I know older ones
don't, yet UT2003 requires that to work at all I think...

--
Kind regards,