On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 04:36:05PM +1200, Don Gould - BVC wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:20:29 +1300, Michael JasonSmith wrote
> > On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 17:04, Don Gould - BVC wrote:
> > > ... or proxy servers?
> > There is a proxy server, an old Sun box that it is due for an upgrade
> > :)  That is how the charges are tracked currently.
>
> Oh you are kidding me?!
>
> Is the uni that far behind?

This is about where I start thinking you're a troll Don...

We run a Sun box at Otago, and it successfully hosts the complete student
email system under cyrus. not bad for a 4-5 year old bit of Sun kit.

(I'll mention it also hosts about 3-4 thousand staff accounts too)

It aint broke, but I'm currently 'fixing' it, by replacing it with a quad
xeon with nearly half a terabyte of storage.

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

     Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the
     galaxy can make that claim.                  -- Capt. James T. Kirk