My recommendation is that if you want to play/experiment with debian use
woody. If you want a VERY stable/boring desktop use woody and if you are
like me and can't wait for the latest and greatest software then use
unstable. I have had few problems with unstable, less problems that a
couple of other popular stable dists (unnamed to avoid a dist war)

--

 .''`.     Paul William
: :'  :    Debian admin and user