Hi there,

Nick Rout wrote:
there are commandline scanning programs.

not quitte as easy to use because of the lack off a preview window, but
ultimately you can do

scanimage --mode Color --resolution 300 --contrast 75 -l 0 -t 0 -x 120
-y 200

That will be a last resort! :-) Not because of CLI-phobia, but because the resultant files will still need to be transfered to my AthlonXP beastie from a laptop without a NIC...floppy disks will be about 20 times too small for the scanned images I'd want to create! :-(

About the output from /proc/bus/usb/devices...there is no usb/
directory (and consequently no devices file in there) whether
the scanner is plugged in or not...I've double checked that USB
is on in the BIOS (twice), and there are USB modules listed with
lsmod, so I'm baffled (and concerned)...

The scanner was just borrowed by my flatmate, to scan some stuff
on her 17" G4 Powerbook...worked fine. My laptop sees it as it
is plugged/unplugged...

This is (I think) the first time I've tried scanning (or USB
anything) since I installed Mandrake 9.2...anyone else have
usb 'issues' with mdk92?

--
Kind regards,