I am going to disagree with Paul on that one. The Yast license doesn't
prevent copying the disks and giving them away or from people providing you
with blanks to copy onto... what it does do is prevent you from selling the
copies commercially. At least that is what the license on my 8.2 disks say.

I will agree with him on looking forward to 9.1 though...

Carl

> that's what I don't understand - is it illegal for me to make
> a copy of
> a Suse distro and install it on my computer?

In a "technical" sense, yes, it is -- unless its a LiveEval! version.

However, if the owner of the disk installs it on your machine, it's
perfectly legal.