Ok, back on list...

Steve and Craig have just identified that the problem Steve is talking about
is my 'read request' flags.

Hummm...

ISSUES:

1. I'm happy to work thru a solution that keeps everyone happy - always
happy to do my bit :)

2. 'read requests' are a part of the basic mail format, so why they should
be causing anyone a problem is a bit of a worry.

3.  I notice that I only get read request responses some times from some
people.

4.  The read requests are generated by the mail client - in this case
Outlook 2000

ACTION:

1. I'll investigate if I can reconfigure Outlook to be selective about what
it adds read requests to... I suspect the answer will be that I can't.

2.  I'd like recommendations on better mail client that I can use that's
WIN/LINUX so that when I change over to Linux on this machine I can read the
same mail store.

I'd like such client to be able to be configured to request read
notifications by default and be able to specifiy addresses for which no read
is requested.  (Yes I know that might be a big ask :)

Any further help any of you can provide is most appricated as always.

Cheers Don