On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 17:02, Don Gould wrote:
> Why doesn't FP and other dev tools have compliance checking built in that's
> easy to use?  (MS I know you listen...  go make it a new feature in the next
> edition of FP and I might think about using FP again. :)

:-) Because the last thing that MS want is to be standards-compliant.

Because other tool producers don't actually care about the standards,
just selling the product with enough bells and whistles to differentiate
themselves.

Now, F/L/OSS tool producers probably do complicance checking, but what
do I care? I either code by hand or use a home-grown CMS that checks for
me ...

-jim, bitter.