Hi there,

Rex Johnston wrote:
Chris Wilkinson wrote:

Recently my mouse has started doing odd things. It will suddenly jump
position, and whatever is under it might be selected/activated when
it moves. Usually it is triggered by me moving it or doing a right
click action. It usually will jump to the right and up.

Make sure that you have not started "gpm". That can sometimes screw up X.

gpm is not running...

Is there a log that might have mouse specific data logged in it? I
could only think of /var/log/XFree86.0.log, which shows nothing out
of the ordinary...

Other than making sure that X is using the right mouse protocol,
You might want to try as root, fuser /dev/mouse.

Did that and fuser reports back a pid that points at x...normal I guess...

--
Kind regards,