Get one with an Ethernet port as it will be way easier to configure in Linux.

David Stephen wrote:
I am about to get connected via JetStream - TelstraClear is not available in
my area. Consequently I need to purchase a suitable modem.

There is a bewildering choice, some are remarkably cheap, but are they any
good? I'm of Scottish heritage and don't want to spend any more than I have
to. A quick search of local suppliers shows a range of cheap ADSL
modem/routers that all look as though they will do the job. Three examples:

-       Puretec PT-3812         $100

http://www.puretek.com.tw/product/adsl%20modem/adsl%20products%20.htm#router

-       Billion BIPAC-7100S     $110
        http://www.billion.com/product/adsl/bipac7100s.htm

-       Planet ADE-3000A                $120
        http://www.planet.com.tw/product/product_dm.php?product_id=185&menu_id=12

Any comments/recommnedations welcome.

David