Nick Rout wrote:
They also kindly do backup mx for my domain, so when my connection is
down (usually thanks to them anyway) it gets nicely queued by their
mailservers.
Yes yes yes,

please please please do this.

My inbox is full of crud from people who haven't done this and every time they turn their machine off I get the bounce message.

Incidentally if I get bounce messages for more than 48 hours I consider myself within my rights to delete you from the email list.

(I don't always but when I get up to 500 bounces in a day I get grumpy)

-- Zane Gilmore, Analyst / Programmer Information Services Section, Information Technology Dept, University of Canterbury - Te Whare Waananga o Waitaha Private Bag 4800, Christchurch New Zealand Phone +64-3-364 2987 extn 7895