Doh! You're right about /dev/sda, but it didn't help. msdos filesystem didn't work either. Of course, I can't mount the shared fat partition either.

Here's what the scsi system has to say:

$ sudo sg_scan -i
/dev/sg0: scsi1 channel=0 id=0 lun=0 [em]  type=0
   USB       Flash Drive       1.12 [wide=0 sync=0 cmdq=0 sftre=0 pq=0x0]

$ sudo sginfo -l
/dev/sda
/dev/sg0 [=/dev/sda  scsi1 ch=0 id=0 lun=0]

Can you remind me what the command is to see all your partitions, and the types that the system thinks they are? I thought it was fdisk -l, but that returned silence.

Nick Rout wrote:
usb sticks are often formatted msdos, not vfat, try -t msdos.

also  somethimes they are not partitioned in the normal way, and the
filesystem may be on /dev/sda not /dev/sda1

keep fiddling.

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:56:21 +1200